Saturday, October 14, 2006

We're Off To The Dixie Chicks


Lachie and I are just about to 'motor' (old fashioned term for saying leaving in a car haha) out of Broken Hill to see the chicks in Adelaide Sunday night.

I believe Nik saw them in Brissy last weekend. Enjoy them, Nik?

We will head to Mildura and spend tonight with Brock n Shell, then leave early tomorrow and head into Adelaide. I can't wait!

Mum has just had a couple of nights in BH with us. Bit of a trucker chic now. She climbed ( literally) in a truck with H on Thursday night and headed over. She's staying with them tonight and going back to Cobar tomorrow. (she hopes NOT in a truck)

Oky Doky, I will let you all know about the chicky babes concert when I get back.

Catch you'l Monday

3 comments:

Jen said...

Awww... enjoy your concert guys!
I can't believe that i'm 26 & you two have more fun than i do. Sad really!~
Kidding - have fun kids!
Love Jen
PS. I miss you already. :-(

The Candid Bandit said...

I can't believe with all those hints I dropped that you didnt get me a ticket to sit next to you. LOL

Have an absolute blast!!! I want to know all about it.

LMAO @ nan the trucker chick.

Suzi said...

Woweee! We're back from seeing the chicks and it was unreal. Better than unreal. Amazing. Better than am... you get the picture.
I rang Beck twice throughout the concert when they were singing special songs, Goodbye Earl and I can't remember the other song but it would have been amazing. Met up with Matty and Sam Elliott and Matty's girlfriend (all from out near Alma Park) and then I remembered that i had Sally Mc number and sent her a message and she and Annie and the blokes were sitting about 5 seats behind us. As we were leaving we came across Kerrie Pearson ( she grew up with Kerry Spinks and I in Wilcannia) and Karina Tatt etc etc. Annie and Jules had their bus parked at the venue, so we all jumped on and they dropped everyone off in the city. Everyone 'cept us were going onto the 'woolshed' for the after party and the dixie chicks were going to be there as well. But some of us had to get up early and drive back to work.
Great weekend though. Yawn.. very tired...