Monday, September 11, 2006

The Dogs Lament

Suzi, I thought it was fitting to put your wonderful poem 'up' for everyone to see (not hidden in a comment). I would also love to put the funny photo of Fred on here - you know the one taken with him wearing the silly wig at BobbyLee's birthday party. I not sure where mine is. Anyone want to have a go at putting it on here??

The Dogs Lament

Farewell Fred Taylor
Farewell to my old mate
All the dogs of Alma Park Will be howling at the gate

They will miss the way you drove them ‘round
To oversee the places
Bouncing around in that old ute
Boy, you should have seen their faces

They’ll miss you in the mornings
They’ll miss you every night
They’ll miss you at shearing time
They’ll know that things aren’t right

What’ll they do know you’ve gone
When you don’t come to the gate
Why, they’ll lie in the sun and dream‘bout Fred Taylor, their old mate

written by Suzi McClure 13.9.2005

2 comments:

The Candid Bandit said...

I love that mum.

I still think you should have written one called "Ca-Tink" cause that's the sound his teaspoon made everytime he stirred his tea....

"Ca-Tink, ca-tink, ca-tink, ca-tink, ca-tink, ca-tink, ca-tink,ca-tink, ca-tink, ca-tink,ca-tink, ca-tink, ca-tink,ca-tink, ca-tink, ca-tink....

Jan said...

He he he - that comment about the teaspoon made me laugh Beck.